Thursday, September 30, 2010

PPD Challenge #24: Banners Out of the Box

Hi everyone!  It is Jen here and I have the pleasure of hosting this week's challenge! 

Everywhere I look lately it seems that I see banners somewhere and I have to say that I totally LOVE them!  I love the different shapes and sizes and the different colors! So, that is what inspired this challenge!

My challenge to you is to create a card using PTI products that you have and include an "out of the box" banner somewhere on your project!  What is an "out of the box" banner?  It is a banner that you uniquely create, thinking outside the box, with something that is not originally designed to be a banner!  So, take a look at your stamps in a new way!  What can you pull out to use as a banner?


I used the Beautiful Blossoms set and coordinating die to create this banner.  I die cut the shape, stamped it and then cut it out.  If you would like more information on this process, I have a tutorial on my blog showing the process.


I hope you choose to play along (everyone is welcome to play)!  You'll have 3 weeks to enter your card on the link below.  I know that this might be a bit of a challenge, but I can't wait to see what all of your creative minds come up with!  And, if you want to copy a banner that you have seen before, feel free to do so, it doesn't have to be your unique idea!

I've also included links to two other cards using this idea to help you get started!

My Fun With Banners Card
Amy's Baby Banner Card

3 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge Jen!!! Of course I'll play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Jen. I love the branch you hung the banner on. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a challenge! I love finding new ways to use my stamps and dies. This won't be easy for me, but it'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete