Thursday, April 14, 2011

Paper Dolls Challenge #36

Hey everyone! It's Jen here from Jen's Ink Spot!  I get the honor of hosting the Paper Dolls Challenge today!  This challenge is a photo inspiration challenge.

Recently I was at Walmart when I saw a pretty quilt with colors that just called my name!  The price was right so I purchased it.  The packaging from that quilt is where this photo came from.  You can interpret it anyway you like.  If you find inspiration in the colors or the design or anything else, feel free to take it and run with it!


And here is my sample card:


I used the colors and the shape of the quilt pieces as my inspiration for the main backdrop.  The twine is added for the "homespun" feeling it gives. 


I also stamped patterns on each shape to mimic the ones in the quilt and added the Tin Types impression plate on the white background to mimic the "quilted" look as well.

I hope you are able to play along!  Everyone is invited to participate!  Simple add your link to the Inlinkz form below!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Tiny Tags, Giga Guidelines, Retro Background, Bitty Background Basics, Dot Spot
Ink:  Versamark, Pure Poppy, Black
Paper:  Hawaiian Shores, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse
Other:  Twinery Twine, Tiny Tags Die, Pop Dots


10 comments:

  1. WOW! That is so bright and beautiful! What a cool lay out and tat tiny tag with twine is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! This is definitely going to be a challenge, but I'm up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt! Hope to play along!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. The inspiration and card are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG--what a fabulous take on the inspiration image!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your card is beautiful! Love the simplicity. I am a new follower, so glad I found you.

    Arlene.
    http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the twine and how close the colors are to the photo!

    ReplyDelete